Disclaimer

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Remember Me

I remember you
I remember that you have forgiven my sin
I remember that you freed me from the bondage of sin and death
I remember that I am one with you in your death so I no longer have to walk in sin
I remember the Promise of Life that you have given
Life is in the blood and sustained by that blood
Your blood is cleansing
Your blood is a peacemaker
I remember my love for my brethren through laying down my life

There is something in the calling to remember. Lest we should forget and doubt. Have you forgotten that you were cleansed? Have you forgotten that He died for you? Have you forgotten to love your brethren? Have we heeded the admonishment  to discern the body, as the apostle Paul says, to discriminate against ourselves and think of others first? As Paul talks about to the Corinthians, we should remember the Lord not just in the form in which He broke the bread and passed the cup, but most importantly in what manner. He did not think of himself first and passed them to his brethren first. The Corinthians had made their meal "first come first served". Not Christ's manner at all. 

 Luke 13:29 They will come from the east and the west, from the north and the south, and sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And indeed there are last who will be first, and there are first who will be last.”

(Matt 26:27-28, Mark 14:23-24, 1 Cor 10:16, 1 Cor 11:17-34 )

No comments:

Post a Comment