Disclaimer

Friday, January 2, 2015

Despondency to Surety

Wherefore alone I was left to tumble about in the slough of despondency
Unable to lift my self by reason of great burden of sin on me
Along came Help whose name also was Support,
Who drew me out and set my feet on Stability
He pointed the way to a Heavenly Path,
That is straight and for my feet surety
No man, no me, can separate from Peace He has for me
Unforsaken, merciful, gracious always to be

Our God is full of compassion, abundant in mercy, ready to pardon if one would just believe.  Don't wait for another time.  Now is the time! Not only does He forgive our sin and not give us the just punishment for it, but He calls us blameless as if we didn't do it.  There is no "your forgiven BUT..." The old saying "I forgive you but I can't forget what you did" is not how He is.  He puts our sin as far as the east is from the west.

God's forgiveness is perfect. Never like a contract with small print hidden at the bottom of the page ready to snare you. His son Jesus' sacrifice was received once and for all and will never be revoked. If we sin after receiving Him, we go to Him and know we will be accepted and continue to be forgiven and loved. He is perfect even when we are not.  We can never have righteousness in ourselves, but can be clothed in His...

No comments:

Post a Comment