Disclaimer

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Yellow Tape




Yesterday morning I woke up to find yellow "do not cross" tape completely surrounding one of the homes behind our home. And then I saw a police officer walking around looking for evidence. Knowing this was not a good sign, I got to the computer to look at our local news report. My neighbor(whom I didn't know)was murdered by her grandson the night before as I lay sleeping comfortably in my own bed.

How many of us would think that we haven't done anything as "sinful" as this? But Jesus said that anger, hatred or lack of love for our fellow man is the same as murder.

1John 3:15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him


Matthew 5:21-22 You have heard that the ancients were told, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER ' and 'Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.' 22"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.…

Murder is not just the outward act of taking another's life, but starts with the motive behind one's actions.

 Matthew 15:17-19 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body?But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them.9For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 

Yesterday, I found that it was hard to open my mouth to speak...

No comments:

Post a Comment